Tuesday, July 03, 2012

4th of July star garland project...

**  Hi!  And welcome to my blog!!  I bet you just made your way over here from Pinterest and I'm happy you clicked through to find out more about my star garland project!  I just wanted to let you know that I've added the detailed instructions for making my garland HERE!  Thanks for stopping by - I hope you'll come back soon! **

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

Hi there!  It's the eve of the 4th of July and my family has been in "celebrate freedom" mode for over a week.  The little boys have been begging Brad for fireworks every single day, the grill has been our constant dinner companion, and marshmallows abound!  I've been busy bringing the patriotic feeling to the inside of our home as well.  I have been finding so many inspiring ideas on Pinterest - these are two of my favorite recent pins:

 

I combined these two inspiration pieces to make my own project over the weekend:

repeat

Here's a peek at the finished project:
done2


I'm sharing a step-by-step photo tutorial for making this fun star garland over on the Doodlebug blog today - I'd love it if you'd pop over there and check it out!

You can also check out my other 4th of July pins on my pinterest board (here)!

In the meantime, Happy Independence Day!! :)
supplies2

4 comments:

  1. Saw this on the Doodlebug blog, but wanted to ask a question - what blade setting do you use on your Cameo for the sugar-coated papers? I've been hesitant to use the glittery stuff in mine, but I hear it cuts very well. Thanks for the tutorial! It's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya,

      My settings were:

      Media: Cardstock
      Speed: 3
      Thickness: 33

      Not sure if those are the best ones to use, but they worked perfectly for me! :)

      Delete
  2. Turned out great. Love the step by step directions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy your star banner is amazing and such a great idea for this time of year - wonderful tutorial too! :)

    ReplyDelete