Friday, July 06, 2012

floam & gak {a review} …

If you are as old as I am, you probably remember Nickelodeon’s Floam and Gak hitting the stores in the 1990’s.  I was too old to be interested, but I bet my little brothers played with it!  When I was given the opportunity from Team Mom to receive the brand new, “completely reformulated and better than ever” Floam & Gak to try out and review, I jumped at the opportunity!  I knew my little boys would love it!  Guess what?  I was SO right!

Here’s what I received in my package:

gakandfloam

The boys were excited to get it out and play (which I may have taken advantage of…and told them they could play after they cleaned their room…hey, a mom’s gotta do what a mom’s gotta do, right?!?)

We stared with the Floam:

floam3

Zach wasn’t sure what he’d gotten himself into.  It was kind of gooey and sticky at first.  Once he warmed up to it, he had a good time!

floam2

Seth got busy with the yellow Floam:

foam1

If you don’t know what Floam is, it’s “an incredible molding compound designed to encourage creative expression.  Mold, fold, flatten and roll it into any creation imaginable.”  And that’s just what the boys did – for almost an hour!  After they were done, we squished it back into it’s air-tight container so they could use it again and again.  There’s also the option to mold it, leave it out overnight, and let it harden to be kept forever as a work of art.  You can check it out at www.floam.com!

Next up, we opened up the Gak.  Gak is a stretch and squishy compound that kept these two boys entertained for a long time too…not only could they squeeze, squash, stretch, twist, roll, and bubble it…but they could make some pretty wacky sounds by squeezing it into it’s container.  And if you have boys, you can imagine the giggling that ensued!

gak1

You can check out Gak at www.gak-is-back.com

gak2

Floam and Gak were both a raving success with these two boys!

gak3

You can purchase Gak and Floam at Target, Toys R Us, Bed Bath & Beyond, AC Moore, and Walgreens.  Or you can click on these links and order from Amazon.com right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment