Thursday, July 05, 2007

ten lessons...

Ten lessons I’ve learned so far this week:
1. If one child gets the flu on Saturday night, it’s likely that more family members will get the flu sooner, rather than later.
2. Cleaning the toilet once a week is not enough. Since you never know when you might get the flu, and when you might be spending an exorbitant amount of time with your face in the toilet – you ultimately do not want it to occur on the day before the toilets were scheduled to be cleaned. From now on I will be scrubbing the toilets approximately 3-4 times per week (or perhaps EVERY day would be better).
3. The flu is wretched. period.
4. It’s amazing what a 10 year old and a 7 year old can do when their mom is flat on her back (or, as mentioned above, burying her face in the toilet). They were real troopers and helped a ton with the little guys – Meagan even came into my room several times to check on me and ask if I needed anything.
5. It’s funny how the minds of a 10 year old and a 7 year old can work. They might come up with some crazy ideas – laundry basket trains with babies as passengers, eating tons of popsicles, oh, and how about this, “Mom, can taking care of the babies count as our chores for today and tomorrow? It’s really hard, you know?”
6. I’m lucky to have a husband willing to make an early morning (pre-dawn even) trip to the grocery store for sprite and saltines before he heads out to work.
7. I’m also lucky to have a mom who is willing to drive Meagan to her piano lessons AND bring popsicles for the kids.
8. Yep, you guessed it, lucky again – this time for a sister who brought dinner for the family.
9. Missing the fireworks and 4th of July celebrations is a real bummer – we’ll have to do our celebrating next weekend.
10. As miserable as I was for 24 entire hours, I would rather do it four extra times myself than have to watch my sweet babies suffer with it. If anyone can figure out how to do that, please let me know. thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Wendy Sue...that's awful!! Sorry you had to go through that! That passed through our house last week! LOL about the toilet thing!! I think the same thing as my face is heading towards the bowl!! Glad you have such willing, helpful children!! That helps! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry you've been sick. at least you have plenty of help ... always nice when your kids can step it up!

    ReplyDelete