Friday, March 20, 2009

another fun challenge...

first_bottle_layout_detail2

I was so excited when Laura and Mary asked me to join them for another of their super fun challenges - thanks, girls!  This time the challenge was to include these items:

  1. Green and Teal (I used my all-time favorite polka dot paper from Lasting Impressions for paper and a newer favorite from Making Memories, teal SLICE paper...the dots are glittered, so fun.)
  2. embossed cardstock (I used my favorite embossing plate, swiss dots, of course, on the green paper)
  3. String (I used simple white crochet thread to tie on my buttons and accents)
  4. Paint (I painted the chipboard piece, from a CK KOTM, with white spray paint)

first_bottle_layout

first_bottle_layout_detail1 first_bottle_layout_detail3

It was fun digging through my stash of oldies but goodies - the turquoise buttons, baby bottle button, baby bottle clip, and the scallop trim are all older Doodlebug products - but I still love them and I'm so happy to have them on this layout. 

Be sure to check out Laura's fabulous layout here and Mary's super cute page here.  And if you feel so inclined, break into your stash and whip up a fun layout so you can play along!  :o)

9 comments:

  1. This LO is FANTASIC Wendy! Love both the colors & all the swiss dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! Love that glittered dot paper paired with the Swiss Dots embossing, and the little buttons. That bottle button is too cute! You've inspired me to get out Sadie's bottle photos...I have a super cute one of Daddy giving her a bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love the challenges with Mary & Laura! I'm so glad you played along! I can't wait to try it out this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Wendy! What a gorgeous double-pager! I love, love, love this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous layout wendy! love your paper choices ... and the swiss dot embossing of course! and i just now noticed the little baby bottle button ... i think that is my favorite part of the layout. as soon as i saw it, i let out an "awwwweeee". lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, I just LOVE your blog. I just stumbled across it today (because of the challenge) ,and I have to say it is one of my favorites of all I have bookmarked! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great lo to capture a milestone. i just about died when i saw that bottle button...that is too cute... i love the color combo...looks spring/clean and "masculine" too cute...


    lynda in calif

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay...mine's not nearly as darling as yours, but I played along. Here's the link to my layout. I did a card too!

    http://kimscraps.blogspot.com/2009/03/challenge.html

    ReplyDelete