Friday, February 07, 2014

framed valentine’s day banner | doodlebug design…

Good morning!  Have you started decorating for Valentine’s Day yet?  I am sharing a fun idea over on the Doodlebug Design blog today – a framed banner.
 
wendysue_doodlebug_sweetheart_framed_banner
 
I used the new Sweethearts collection for my project.
 
I started by cutting 3x5 blocks from the 6x6 paper pad. I notched the bottom of each piece to create the banners.
 
wendysue_doodlebug_sweetheart_framed_banner_detail1
 
I cut the patterned paper strip to add to the top of each banner, and wrapped them with washi tape.
 
wendysue_doodlebug_sweetheart_framed_banner_detail2
 
Next, I started embellishing each flag with stickers, tickets, jewels, etc. Each flag is different, but they all coordinate wonderfully because I used pieces from only one collection.
 
wendysue_doodlebug_sweetheart_framed_banner_detail3
 
After each flag was complete, I punched holes in the top two corners and connected them all with doodle twine.
 
wendysue_doodlebug_sweetheart_framed_banner_detail4
 
Finally, I covered the back of the frame with patterned paper and attached the flags with foam dots - I love the dimension these little foam adhesive dots add.
 
wendysue_doodlebug_sweetheart_framed_banner_detail5
 
I love adding a little bit of Doodlebug love to my entryway to be enjoyed until February 14th!
 
supplies2
 

Doodlebug Design - Sweetheart Collection - 12 x 12 Paper PackDoodlebug Design - Sweetheart Collection - Essentials KitDoodlebug Design - Sweetheart Collection - 6 x 6 Paper PadDoodlebug Design - Sweetheart Collection - 12 x 12 Cardstock Stickers - This and ThatDoodlebug Design - Sweetheart Collection - Valentine TicketsDoodlebug Design - Sweetheart Collection - Doodle Twine - Love AssortmentDoodlebug Design - Sweetheart Collection - Pixies - Straw PicksDoodlebug Design - Sweetheart Collection - Washi Tape - Hugs and KissesTherm O Web - Adhesive Foam Squares - White - .25 Inch

1 comment:

  1. So sweet it almost gives me a toothache! ;) Seriously though, i love it and how you put it in the frame. Wonderfly done!

    ReplyDelete