Wednesday, February 05, 2014

valentine's day banner | top dog dies blog hop...


dtbh_bloggraphic

I’m so excited to share my latest Valentine’s Day project with you – as part of my very first Top Dog Dies blog hop!  To get started, here’s a look at the banner I created:

wendysueanderson_bloghop_project_valentines_banner

I used products from the “Be Loved” Collection by Fancy Pants Designs (check it out HERE) for my project.

Here are some details:

wendysueanderson_tdd_valentines_banner_detail1    wendysueanderson_tdd_valentines_banner_detail4wendysueanderson_tdd_valentines_banner_detail2     wendysueanderson_tdd_valentines_banner_detail3 

To create the base for each heart “banner,” I used the two different hearts from the "Mini Album Finishers Die Set.”  The background is cut from corrugated paper and the scalloped hearts are cut from old dictionary pages – I love the combination of textures and the machine stitching with colored thread is my favorite way to add a bit of color and detail!

wendysueanderson_tdd_valentines_banner_detail5

When using small-sized dies such as these, don’t forget that there are lots of options for die-cutting, beyond regular papers – look at stickers, tags, and other embellishments. When you only need a small area, start looking at items with that in mind – you might be surprised what will work!

wendysueanderson_tdd_valentines_banner_detail6

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, as part of the TDD team blog hop.  Be sure to visit each blog on the list and check out the amazing projects my fellow design team members have created! 

Amy Tsuruta
Amy Wanford
Giovana Smith
Karen Letchworth
Katie Brooks
Nicole Picadura
Renee Robbins
Stacey Schafer
Wendy Sue Anderson (you are here!)


And last, but not least, complete your journey at the Top Dog Dies Blog (if you haven’t already) to enter to win the Top Dog Dies Heart Mini Album and Heart Mini Album Finishers Set (Valued at $42)!  The deadline to enter is February 9th, so be sure to hop along soon! :)

Happy Wednesday! :)
supplies1

 

 

41RMeHn f L._SL200_SL114_AA115_[1]Fancy Pants Designs - Be Loved Collection - 12 x 12 Paper Kit

33 comments:

  1. I love banners and this valentine banner is delicious! I love all the little details and the use of the dictionary paper - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these Wendy Sue! The stitching adds the perfect detail to an already stunning project! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work!
    Karen Letchworth
    Top Dog Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome project! Love it (pun intended LOL!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this banner and your use of the corrugated paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Just beautiful. Love every element you used to pull together this fantastic project. What an enjoyable blog hop. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore this! You have inspired me to make a banner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! Unique and happy creation - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool banner! Would love to make something similar for my classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great elements and love banners on - you did a great job - thanks for the hop and congrts for being on DT - enjoy your journey with Top Dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wendy - just amazing! I love what you have done and I LOVE how you displayed the materials you used to create it. Fantastic work all around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a festive banner! Love the idea of looking at stickers, etc. to use with smaller dies!
    Hugs, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are amazing!! Just a lovely banner. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful banner!! I may create one to decorate my home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous banner! So very pretty and full of fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SUPER CUTE banner Wendy Sue!!!
    LOVE your pretty layers and corrugated bases!!!
    THANK YOU for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very very pretty. Thanks for the giveaway! http://gracielliedesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute banner! The heart mini album finishers is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wendy, I love love love this banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable banner, love all the little details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty. I love the red against the text paper. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you mixed it up with the text paper - what a great contrast and a great way to make the other products stretch a little further too :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh so pretty! You inspired me. You make me wanna make one for my hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  24. this looks fun.. will have to make a banner like yours...love it

    ReplyDelete