Saturday, March 17, 2012

with green sugar…

Yep, that’s how we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day is around our house – with oodles of green sugary treats. :)

st_pattys_day_treats_filtered

I was actually  just being a bum and blowing off St. Patrick’s Day completely until about 11pm last night when I bumped into a friend at the grocery store. (I was there with Meagan picking up some last minute things she needed for her track meet today).  My friend was putting together a super cute St. Patty’s Day breakfast for her kids…and after I chatted with her, I started feeling guilty for not planning anything special for my kids.

Luckily, I was AT the store, so I loaded up my cart with some green colored treats and brought them home and spread them out on the table.  The boys were excited to see their green sugary spread when they woke up this morning…so I was glad I had done something even though it wasn’t super cute or at all creative.

Meagan left for her meet before the sun came up and Brad & Josh went skiing this morning, so it was just me and my two little guys hanging out today.  I figured since I was already pushing sugar on them, they may as well eat syrup-drenched (toaster) waffles…

st_pattys_day_zach_filtered

OR marshmallowy/cruchy “Lucky Charm” goodness for breakfast. 

Of course, they washed it all down with a healthy dose of green gatorade – mmmmmm….

st_pattys_day_seth_filtered

I know…sign me up for that Mother of the Year award right away! ;)

**In my defense…Trident gum IS sugar-free, lol*** 

Now I’m wondering what we should have for dinner…some of that delicious green jello for sure!  And maybe a green salad to balance everything out. ;)  Happy Green Sugar day to you! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! I get a big huge F today since I totally forgot what day it was and did nothing! :( Ah well.. next time :)

    ReplyDelete