Monday, March 29, 2010

me & you...

It's not very often Brad and I are in a photo together.  I can't remember which one of our kids snapped this picture last Spring, but I love it.  Not that we're looking our greatest or anything - this was taken at Brad's mom's house - it was the last day of our week-long vacation last year.  We stopped at her house in southern Utah on our way home from California...so this is after about 8 hours (straight) in the van...ah, good times.  (and we're crazy enough to be doing it again in just a few weeks!)

Anyway...it's just a little 6x6 page I made for Making Memories - using the Flutter Collection.CHA_Winter2010_Projects_10

I cut the "me & you" right out of the photo with my Slice, then I raised the photo with foam squares (I LOVE those things!)

flutter_6x6_meandyou_layout_detail

I keep hoping if I look at enough Spring photos and products, I might be able to convince myself that Spring is coming.  The snow in my front yard kind of hinders that line of thinking though.  And so does tomorrow's forecast - yep...more snow!  Oh well...at least today is looking kind of sunny, so far...

supplies2 

Slice Digital Die-Cut Machine

Words & Expressions

Patterned Paper

Felt Flowers

Green Trim

Foam Adhesive

5 comments:

  1. That is cute!!! I like the idea of having the words cut out of the photo. Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pic of you two! Love the words cut from the pic! GREAT idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute ... and such a cute photo of you and brad! at first, i thought the "me & you" was a metal word. it looks great cut right from the photo! sorry about all your snow ... if i could box you up some of my "sring" and mail it to you, i totally would ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool how you cut the title and then raised the photo! Great idea and technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun! I love how you did the title! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete