Thursday, January 29, 2009

yw binder...

Once a week, usually Wednesday evening, I get the opportunity to meet with the girls in our Young Women's program...my class includes girls ages 12-14, the Beehives.  I shared recently about our trip to see the Draper Temple, but most of our activities are on a bit smaller scale. 

A few weeks ago, we met and put together these little binders.

YW_binder_label  

As you may know, handouts are a fairly common addition to our Sunday lessons, and the girls have already begun quite extensive collections of quotes, thoughts, stories, and other items that they've taken home which were meant to help reinforce the lessons. 

YW_binder

I thought it would be fun to create these little binders so they can file their handouts under the appropriate value (YW Values) for easy reference.  I just printed each value on a circle of it's corresponding value color and glued them to the edges of the page protectors.

YW_binder_tabs  

I know I wish I still had all of the handouts and other items I was given when I was a teenager...they would have come in handy for talks and lessons I've had to prepare in my adult life.

YW_binder_tabs1     YW_binder_tabs2

The girls were excited to create their binders and get their handouts organized...and I'm excited to be starting one myself...because it's likely I'll be giving a few more lessons and talks in my lifetime. :o)

5 comments:

  1. i think it's so great of you to work with these young women! and love the idea of putting the little circles as tabs. i can never find cute page dividers that match my binders ... so this would be a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I would of loved to have this as a YW. Did you use page protectors as the index sheets? I can't really tell what type of paper it is or ??? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea! I kept all my stuff from yw and efy when I was a teenager, it would have been so nice to have them divided by value! It would have been fun to have had you as a leader too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am YW President in Spokane. I love this idea. Thanks for always having such great ideas on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling! Our Beehives are doing this activity tonight and I'm so excited about the collection of handouts they will have by the time they graduate the program. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete