Friday, June 13, 2008

friday fun...

Holy cow...I can't believe another week is almost over - where is the summer going?!? We're headed out a little later today to do a little bit of shopping with my Mom - Father's Day, Meagan's birthday, and a few more family birthdays are coming up in the next week or two. Meagan has asked for money and to be taken to the outlet stores in Park City so she can pick out clothes for her birthday. I guess this means she's officially "pre-teen" now, right?

Before we leave, I wanted to share a cute little project I put together recently. Loni asked me to create a few projects with Lisa Bearnson's May KOTM - and even sent some extra goodies for the kids to play with. It's full of great elements and project ideas for the kids to create this summer (perfect for all ages - my kids range from 2 to almost 11 and they're all excited to play!). But before I let the kid have free reign, I got my pick of the kit. I created several projects, and I'll share them all, but for today, I wanted to share this quick little album.


The album actually arrived already put together - the pages are each a different (cute & fun) patterned paper, the cover is a heavy chipboard and it's already covered with the blue pattern you see here. I added some additional chipboard pieces, patterned paper, and I created the tag to hang on the spirals.


My idea is to let each of the kids create little scrapbook pages using pictures from various family activities over the summer. By the time the summer is over, we'll have a fun little memory book recording our summer...through the eyes of the kids. :)


If you like cute, fun, crisp, bright colors and images, you should definitely check out this kit for yourself or your kiddos. It was the May KOTM, but it looks like there are still some available for purchase. I have no idea how many, but I know these kits always sell out, and once they're gone, they're gone. Click HERE for more information about the kit.

I have more fun projects to share, but they'll have to wait until later...we have some shopping to do!

2 comments:

  1. what a fun little album wendy! and such a great idea to let all the kids do stuff for the inside! and i love that you gave yourself "first dibs" on the product ... i'd be the same way. lol!

    good luck shopping! i have so many birthdays and father's day gifts to buy this weekend ... june is such a crazy month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book is just darling. So Wendy!

    ReplyDelete