Monday, February 12, 2007

note to self...

...make today a HAPPY day.

Am I the only one who needs to remind herself to do this? I hope not. Mondays are notoriously "bad" days for me. It seems like no matter how much I accomplished over the weekend, Monday is jam packed full of things to do...laundry, cleaning, groceries, etc. It's easy to get into a rut and have a lousy day. So, today I'm reminding myself to have a happy day. Why the heck not? The sun is shining, Zach is finally healthy (and Seth is on the mend, I hope), the new entertainment unit is almost completely set up, laundry is going, the house is picked up already (not that it will stay that way for long...), and it's MY choice to have a happy day.

I was cleaning out my inbox this morning when I found this quote...it was the quote of the day sent to me last friday, but so appropriate that I just read it today:

Happiness is an attitude.

We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong.

The amount of work is the same.
— Francesca Reigler

...and if that's not enough, I have this sign hanging above my mud-room door

- a door I pass through at least a dozen times a day...and see constantly since it's just off the kitchen.So, I'm going to do it - I'm going to have a Happy Monday. I've made the choice myself and now I'm going to follow through with it. I hope you have a happy Monday too.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! What a great reminder to be happy on a day that is typically filled with drudgery.

    I love that quote by President Hinckley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, I needed to read that today. I seem to get so focused on goals, like get the kids up dressed and out the door so they aren't late for schoool--even when the task is completed we might not feel very happy afterwards and neither do the kids. We need to make sure that they know we love them and care how they feel. That's always something I need to keep in mind! Another thing I'm working on with my family is to spend more time together, talking and learning about each other,(this must be done away from t.v. and Nintendo games! :) Wish us luck! Have a great week. Love ya, Kristy L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy-good advice and I love the quotes you posted. In fact, my mom just gave me the GBH one on a tile for my birthday. I guess she things we don't enjoy life enough, wondered if it was a hint.
    Glad the boys are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete