Friday, September 29, 2006

seth's robot...

Just a funny thing I thought I'd share (and include here so I don't forget):

I was busy getting Zach dressed this morning when Seth came in demanding his robot. Here's how our conversation went:

Seth: Mom, I want my robot.
Me: You don't have a robot.
Seth: Yes, Mom, I just want my robot.
Me: You don't have a robot, Seth.
Seth: (getting obviously frustrated) Mom, just get it. Get my robot. I want it!
Me: What are you talking about? Where is it? Can you show me?
Seth: It's in my closet.
Me: (knowing full well that there are no toys in his closet...and also knowing full well that he does not have a ROBOT!) Okay, then, let's go in your room and you can show me.
Seth: Okay, mom, come on.

We walk in to his room and open the closet....
Seth: See, Mom, it's RIGHT there. Get it for me.
Me: OH, that "robot"!! Okay, let's get it and then I'll get my camera and take some pictures of you with it. (smiling at the whole conversation now)


Here's what he wanted:







Apparently, "robot" sounds very similar to "robe on."

4 comments:

  1. How sweet. Don't you love how they interpret words?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is way cute! We love peeking at your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are precious!
    Nothing better than a snuggly "robot" a cool fall morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how funny!!! Cute robe and cute boy!

    ReplyDelete