Wednesday, October 02, 2019

birthday cards | pebbles inc.

Can you ever have enough birthday cards?  No, I don't think so either!  Today I'm sharing a set of cards I created a while back for Pebbles Inc.Getting Started With Cardmaking Blog Post by @wendysue featuring the "Happy Hooray" collection from @PebblesInc. 
In order to keep a well-supplied birthday card stash, I'm starting with this awesome sheet full of cute graphics and sentiments from the "Happy Hooray" collection: It will only take a few minutes to go ahead and cut it apart.  For today's cards, I want to focus mostly on the little square pieces: In order to be efficient, I'm going to use the same basic design to create a bunch of cards.  So, from several coordinating patterned papers, I'll cut the following pieces: (1) 4" x 5 1/4"  (1) 4" x 2" and (1) 4" piece of a coordinating tear strip.  I will assemble all of the card bases at once. Next, I will choose several different colors from my baker's twine stash and tie a bow around each base.  Then I'll add the squares to the top portion of the card. 
 Getting Started With Cardmaking Blog Post by @wendysue featuring the "Happy Hooray" collection from @PebblesInc.
I want one square flat against the card, and the other one will slightly overlap the first square and be popped-up with foam adhesive.
  Getting Started With Cardmaking Blog Post by @wendysue featuring the "Happy Hooray" collection from @PebblesInc. 
 Now is the time add additional embellishments, if desired, or you could stop here.  I wanted to add some cute sprinkles.  Other options include die-cuts or stickers.
  Getting Started With Cardmaking Blog Post by @wendysue featuring the "Happy Hooray" collection from @PebblesInc. 
 Finally, place the completed piece onto a pre-cut white 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base: Using the same process (I am a big fan of "assembly line" scrapbooking and cardmaking), create as many cards as you can with your supplies:
Getting Started With Cardmaking Blog Post by @wendysue featuring the "Happy Hooray" collection from @PebblesInc. 
I used the same process to create some cards with the larger pieces from the original page: Getting Started With Cardmaking Blog Post by @wendysue featuring the "Happy Hooray" collection from @PebblesInc. 
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!

 Supplies I used: 


No comments:

Post a Comment