Tuesday, May 21, 2013

the truth…

…about why this photo wasn’t scrapped years ago…

{I shared this project on the doodlebug blog recently and thought I’d add it to my personal blog as well…}

"I've had this photo from Mother's Day 2006 just sitting in my photo album. I was hesitant to scrapbook it...because I guess I'm vain. ;) I know I do not look great in this photo. I look like I hadn't had time to get my hair colored in months. I look pale. I look exhausted. I was. Plain and Simple. But look at those cute kids! I love them so much and I am so grateful for them. And because of that, I chose to set aside my vanity and create a page to celebrate each of them and the opportunity I get each year to celebrate the blessing it is to be their mother - I am so blessed to have them in my life each and every day! :)

wendysue_mothers_day_layoutwendysue_mothers_day_layout_detail1wendysue_mothers_day_layout_detail2wendysue_mothers_day_layout_detail3wendysue_mothers_day_layout_detail4

And while I had all of my fun “flower box” supplies out, I created this little gift bag topper too!

wendysue_mothers_day_giftbagwendysue_mothers_day_giftbag2wendysue_mothers_day_giftbag3

supplies2

{you can click on the images for more information and/or to purchase!}

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to your honesty and especially your heart. We moms put our kids first and this page is showing exactly why we scrapbook. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that the older I get, the more I like myself, too. (and the more I can cut myself some slack!) Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete