Wednesday, May 29, 2013

summer sticker cards…

I shared these projects recently on the Echo Park blog HERE.

Have you ever fallen in love with a sheet of fun stickers and bought them on the spot without considering how you might use them? I am guilty of doing this, but I always figure out a way to use my favorite ones as soon as possible. I sure loved the clothesline and tree stickers on the "Perfect Summer" sticker sheet, and I couldn't wait to put them to use.

PS47014_ElementStickers_F

I decided to use my favorite stickers to create a scene on a card. I used some foam dots to raise up the clothesline sticker for just a bit of subtle dimension. I also added bits and pieces of other stickers and embellishments to complete the scene.

wendysue_a_perfect_summer_card_epwendysue_a_perfect_summer_card_detail
If you haven’t used foam dots before, you should give them a try – I love the tiny bit of subtle dimension they add.  I ended up really liking the previous card design, so I used a second tree sticker to create a similar scene on a circle-shaped card. This time, however, I used the banner sticker to emulate the clothesline sticker in the first card.


wendysue_a_perfect_summer_circle_card_epjpgwendysue_a_perfect_summer_circle_card_detaill

Arranging stickers on cards (or layouts) to create a scene is a fun way to use up your favorite stickers!

Be sure to check out the Echo Park blog daily for ideas and inspiration!  And speaking of Echo Park…there’s something exciting just around the corner:

summer_camp

We're so excited to be partnering with our sister company Carta Bella Paper this summer as our Design Teams combine their efforts to bring you the latest and greatest in summer paper crafting ideas. Each Tuesday from June through August, we'll share a special "Summer Camp" post both here and on the Carta Bella blog that includes a project and a FREE project instruction PDF, which you can download at your leisure. Watch for bonus contests, special chats, prizes and more posted on both blogs throughout the summer months. Mark your calendars for a summer of creative fun. With projects designed for both kids and adults, it's going to be a creatively-charged summer!

I’ll be sharing some fun ideas this summer, along with my fellow design team members – I hope you’ll join us for summer camp! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment