Sunday, May 01, 2011

technique tuesday…

I don’t usually post on Sundays, but I wanted to hop on quickly today to share a fun stamp set with you!  Are you familiar with Studio AE stamps?  They are designed by Ali Edwards and produced by Technique Tuesday.  Each month there is a new set released.  These stamp sets are mostly word-based and work great for both scrapbooking AND cardmaking.  You can join the club to get the sets automatically each month OR you can just pick and choose and order whatever sets you like.  Here’s a peek at May’s new set:

Studio AE May 2011 - Real Life

I was so excited when I was asked to be a guest designer for Technique Tuesday for May.  They sent me this great stamp set and let me go to town!  I have quite a few projects to share with you, but for today, I wanted to share this layout.

real_life_layout

As you can see, I used a BUNCH of the stamps.  I had fun creating this little border-ish strip across the center of my page.  I love the way the hand-written words are mixed in with the block letters.

real_life_layout_detail1

I actually pulled out my Copic Markers to color in the block letters.  I love how vivid the colors are – I really need to use them more often.

real_life_layout_detail2

I used papers and stickers and blank labels from the Salt Air Collection by Cosmo Cricket – LOVE the mix of colors in this line!  And I love that our clothes in the photos are pretty much a mix of all the colors in this line! {our family photos were taken by Heather D. White}

real_life_layout_detail3

Okay, that’s all for today – I am loving these stamps and I’m excited to share more of the projects I’ve been working on!  If you like this set, be sure to check out the past Studio AE sets HERE!

6 comments:

  1. love your layout!

    so glad you're joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy- this just simply ADORABLE. LOVE the stamping, the stitching and all the little details in this layout...HOME R-U-N!
    Love it and I am just NOW getting into Ali's stamps. Your family photos are so dear!
    Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout and I love the stamps. I am going to go check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page is just as cool as your second one. neat how you colored the words.

    ReplyDelete