Thursday, March 10, 2011

little artist…

This is Zach…

zach_painting2_filtered

He is the youngest in our family…and is in preschool.  Preschool is only two days a week for 3 hours.  That means Zach gets to spend lots of time at home with me.  Only me.  I’m not very entertaining.  I do lots of boring things during the day (every. single. day.).  You know the kind of boring things I’m referring to - laundry, dishes, cooking, etc.  Most days, Zach is a great helper.  Other days…he realizes that it’s actually work and not play..

He enjoys watching TV…and probably watches a little too much while I’m busy doing the aforementioned boring, yet necessary, duties.  But sometimes, Zach decides to get creative…    zach_painting_filtered

This day, he insisted on painting.  (Remember we’re still unpacking, so it was a minor miracle that I was able to find some of the kid’s art supplies that were still in a box…)  He took his painting quite seriously – making sure to choose just the right colors and apply them “just so” to his paper. (Is it weird that I love watching my two littlest boys write, draw, and color…simply because I find it fascinating to watch them use their left hands???)

zach_painting5_filtered

My favorite part, though, was definitely the bare feet…part of his artistic process…

zach_painting3_filtered

Eventually he got tired of standing, so he moved over to the door, where he hung up his paper to finish painting…zach_painting6

But he kept his feet bare…zach_painting7_filtered 

I sure love my little artist!

3 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I love how you always manage to get such great pictures.
    My youngest is only 13 months but we have already been talking about preschool. My two oldest didn't get that chance. I look forward to it but also dread all my boys being old enough for school :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cute little artist! Are you loving the house? Can't way to see more pics of the new place, I love the little peeks you have shared. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious child..love his creation too. What a great layout this pics will make.
    Have a great weekend Wendy!

    ReplyDelete