Friday, December 03, 2010

dear santa…

I was invited to be a guest designer on the Inspired Blueprints blog today.   I was excited when I received the sketch, along with the instructions to create a holiday-themed spread.

Here’s what the sketch looks like:

sketch 61

And here’s my take on it:

sketch61_wendysue_dearsanta_layout

Last year I found this super cute “letter to santa” stationery at Target and couldn’t wait for my kids to write and send their letters to the big guy.  Of course, since there were 5 sets, I had an extra set to include in our scrapbook.  In place of the 5x7 photo (indicated in the sketch), I used a Fancy Pants transparency to create a pocket.  (In a few years, when my kids are older, I’ll tuck in their actual letters, but for now the blank paper and envelope are tucked inside).

sketch61_wendysue_dearsanta_layout_detail6

I had fun raiding my bin with all of my Christmas product in it – it was fun to mix and match older product with newer product.

sketch61_wendysue_dearsanta_layout_detail1 

Here’s the journaling:

sketch61_wendysue_dearsanta_layout_detail2

And of course, there is plenty of machine stitching everywhere:sketch61_wendysue_dearsanta_layout_detail3

sketch61_wendysue_dearsanta_layout_detail4

These Making Memories brads have been on my favorites list for a couple of years –

I used up almost all of my stash right here:

sketch61_wendysue_dearsanta_layout_detail5

   supplies2

comfort and cheer paper

‘tis the season snowflakes paper

‘tis the season treasure

my favorite white textured cardstock

rouge lullaby glitter thickers

laser cut snowflake trim (little yellow bicycle)

Glitter snowflakes (little yellow bicycle)

Brads (making memories)

stick pins (making memories)

snowflake transparency (making memories)

glitter chipboard sticker (making memories)

glitter chipboard letters (american crafts)

ribbon and trim (making memories)

2 comments:

  1. Very cool color combo on this layout! I really like all of the snowflakes and the tinsel. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, lovely, lovely, lovely. This may just be my favorite layout you have ever done. I love the colors, love the sketch, love that it is a double page and LOVE the machine stitching! Your stitches are always so precise. You seriously need to do a tutorial soon...PLEASE...
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete