Monday, May 05, 2008

14 and a half...

That's how many days are left until Summer vacation begins. I can hardly believe it's almost here! And honestly, I think I might be a little more excited than the kids (at least the oldest one). I can't wait for lazy mornings, backyard picnics, all-day outings, barbeques, late night ice cream sundaes, days at the lake, suntans, slip and slides, sticky popsicles (eaten OUTSIDE, of course), watermelon, and all of the other good things that summer brings!
That being said, the next 14 1/2 days are going to be full. Orchestra concerts, school plays, family picnics, field trips, award ceremonies, and so much more! I think by the time it's all over, we'll be really really really ready for summer!


So, Saturday was National Scrapbooking Day (no, I'm not making that up). I was up in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday finishing up a layout, but other than that, I did nothing scrapbook related on National Scrapbooking Day. Oh well. I did, however, go shopping with Meagan, clean the house, hang laundry out on the line (woohoo for that!), and go to a BLAZE game with Brad.

Indoor football. interesting. It was my first game...I couldn't believe the pace of the game - much faster than traditional football. Lots of great entertainment too. Brad had to go because of his job - so the suite was full of employees and contractors. Luckily, he had two extra tickets, so two of our good friends were also able to be there -- which made the night much more enjoyable for me!!

Well, I suppose it's time to start working on the long list of to-dos for today...Monday always has a long to-do list!!

And because it's always fun to include some kind of project or photo...


This is a layout I did for American Crafts a while ago -- I love their new journaling stickers!

1 comment:

  1. had to check our calendar ... we have 39 days of school left still. lol! although you make summer sound like so much fun ... with all those relaxing activities! i really need to do more things like that with the girls!

    good luck getting everything done these next few weeks! and that is such a cute layout ... the photo is adorable!

    ReplyDelete