Thursday, April 17, 2008

a few scrappy notes of interest...

1) I was so very excited when found a fun treat in my mailbox a couple of days ago. Maybe you did too...it was the May issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine.

This is the best (only) image I could find online:


Are you wondering why I was so excited? This is why:



Yep - I designed the layout that is featured on the cover! What an honor! And I was especially excited to do it when I received the beautiful picture of my friend, Maggie to use on my page. Isn't she beautiful with her sweet little baby girl?

2) Have you been to the Making Memories website lately?


It's got a whole new look - along with updated product photos, special tips, lots of ideas. If you haven't seen it yet, you should definitely check it out!

3) I've been working like a crazy woman for the last few days (and nights - mostly nights - all night on Tuesday) on a couple of mini albums using some of the older O'Scrap! product (which I still love -- especially the Sampler papers).

They are for the booth at the Scrapbook USA expo this weekend. I found out yesterday that they will also be using one of my albums for a short tv spot tomorrow (Friday) morning. So if it's not Friday morning yet, and you live in Utah, and you want to see...watch Fox 13 News at 8:08. I hear Big Buddah (is that how you spell it??) will be doing the interviewing and I'm sure Terri will do a fabulous job!
4) My scrapbook room is a complete disaster...does anyone want to come over and help me clean up and reorganize??? :o)

10 comments:

  1. huge congrats on the CK cover wendy! i know having maggie's gorgeous photo helped ... but you did an amazing job on the layout!

    o'scrap ... gosh, i had tons of that product! i think i passed most of it along to other homes ... but i do still have a lot of the little square stickers! how fun to have your project on tv ... let us know if it's online somewhere afterwards (for us non-utah'ers!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make beautiful work! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You are seriously the Demi Moore of the scrapping world. Always hot, always on top of the game. ;)

    Seriously, I loooove the layout. I'm impressed that your scrapping style stays classic Wendy, but still so current. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yippee!
    woohoo!
    i just received my issue today and was so thrilled to see that cover layout by you.
    it is gorgeous.
    i love the felt hearts.
    love these albums too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a fab job on the cover of the mag! Love it. Glad it was you working hard for the expo. I didn't miss it one bit this year lol. Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....I came to your blog via Jana Eubank and by coincidence I have the current issue of CK on my desk! What a beautiful LO!! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congrats Wendy! When I saw that you did that layout - I was so excited for you! It looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's awesome news!!!
    huge congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never look to see who designed the cover layout but for some reason this time I did, I was so excited for you! It is a beautiful layout, by the way! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on the cover, Wendy! One of my favorites!!!!

    ReplyDelete