Saturday, February 18, 2006

Scrubbed!

So, I might be a little strange, but I am now admitting to the world that I find a true satisfaction in having a freshly scrubbed bathroom. While I don't particularly enjoy cleaning the bathroom, I LOVE being able to step back when it's done and look at everything sparkling back at me, LOL! It's been a while since I've given our tub and shower a good deep cleaning - with being pregnant (read 'fat and uncomfortable and barely able to bend over the side of the tub to bathe Seth, let along SCRUB the tub) and then with having a new baby and just trying to do the 'basics' for a while, it just didn't happen. Until today. Now I am happy to say I've finally scrubbed it down! Really it wasn't completely disgusting - we've been using the bathroom every day and the kids have been taking baths - it's been wiped down (toilets HAVE been scrubbed) and it's been kept somewhat orderly, just not scrubbed! Now it is - it looks great and it smells clean and I can't wait to take a long hot bath and relax tonight! (That's another thing I've been missing since I had Zach - long hot baths!)


Maybe I'll even soak long enough to finish the book mom gave me to read. I'm a huge Anita Stansfield fan - something about her books always makes me feel good. Her stories have a way of making me feel truly thankful for the gospel, for my husband, my family, and all of the blessings I have. :) Oh, they always make me cry too - nothing like a good, healthy cry!

...a long hot bath and a great book while Brad takes care of the kiddos -- sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Saturday night to me!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Anita Stansfield! Haven't read that book yet, I'll have to get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you have a blog!! such cute pictures!
    i am in need of a good book - let me know if this one is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to see that you have a blog! The funny thing is that I just finished scrubbing my bathrooms, what a great feeling!

    And I too LOVE a good Anita Stansfield book - especially in a hot bubble bath! I haven't gotten to read the last 2....might need to make a trip to the store so I can enjoy my scrubbed tub.

    ReplyDelete