Wednesday, April 25, 2018

mini notebooks | doodlebug design

Hi there!  Today I want to share how I used some of my favorite super cute Doodlebug products to whip up a few fun notebooks!


I made these fun little notebooks with the "At The Zoo" collection! I did a little bit of mixing and matching with patterned papers, doodle-pops, paper doilies, and doodle twine!



This koala is probably my favorite of all the little zoo pals!



Although this guy is a close second! ;)


I used a variety of "Teensy Type" letters on the covers too:



Just a quick little run-down of the process, in case any of YOU need a sweet little personalized notebook to throw in your purse or backpack or car - or all of the above! ;)

Cut the cover from patterned paper - 4 1/2" x 12" - then score 2 1/2" from the right edge and 3 3/4" from the left edge - this will allow the two pieces to slightly overlap on the front.


Cut five pieces of regular printer paper to 4" x 10" and fold in half.  Use a sewing machine to stitch along the center and attach the papers to the cover:


Now you can add clips, washi, stickers, or anything else to embellish the inside!


Use coordinating twine to create a tie-closure for each notebook!


Let me know if you have any  questions!

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment