Monday, July 31, 2017

sweet baby cards | pebbles inc.

Hi Friends!  Today I'm sharing a fun little baby card I created recently, a lullaby spinner card!  Actually, I made TWO cards - one for a boy and one for a girl...because my silly friend didn't know if she was having a girl or boy, and I wanted to be prepared either way!  She ended up having the sweetest little boy - so now I'm prepared for someone to have a cute little princess!!  Anyway, the fun thing is, you can make pretty much the same card, just swap out a few papers (pink or blue OR make it gender-neutral with yellow, teal, etc.), and you can be prepared either way!

"Sweet Baby" Spinner card tutorial by @wendysue with the "Lullaby" collection by @PebblesInc.

I wanted to create something a little bit different, and after seeing a spinner card one day while perusing the internet, I knew that's what I wanted to do!  It was easy!  Let me show you how I did it.
I started by cutting a standard size card base (4 1/2" x 5 1/4") from white cardstock and a piece to go on the front (4 1/4" x 5"):

"Sweet Baby" Spinner card tutorial by @wendysue with the "Lullaby" collection by @PebblesInc.

Here's a sneaky little trick for adding stitching to the front of a card.  Just stitch on the patterned paper - NOT the actual card base!  I added a simple straight stitch with white thread.  Of course, this step is optional.  After the patterned paper is glued onto the front of the card, nobody will be able to tell they aren't actually sewn together.  The only giveaway will be the nice smooth back without any stitches or knots!

"Sweet Baby" Spinner card tutorial by @wendysue with the "Lullaby" collection by @PebblesInc.
Click over to the Pebbles, Inc. blog to see the rest of this fun tutorial!

Supplies:




No comments:

Post a Comment