Monday, February 17, 2014

how to thank teenage boys…

I recently asked some of the teenage boys in our ward (church congregation) to help me with a presentation for the younger boys in our ward (the priesthood preview).  They were all so willing to help and did such a great job!  We are so lucky to have such great kids as peers and examples for my kiddos.  They were eager to help me, without promise of reward, but I think any teenager who is so willing to sacrifice his time to help out the primary deserves a little reward, don’t you? 

I used this tie die (from Top Dog Dies) to make a bunch of colorful little ties – aren’t they fun?

wendysue_tdd_thankyou_ties1_feb17

And then I pulled out this little notepad – It’s from the “Love You More” collection by Pebbles – and I think it’s absolutely perfect for a note to a teenage boy…

 wendysue_tdd_thankyou_ties2_feb17

wendysue_tdd_thankyou_ties4

And as much as I’m sure these boys would love these cute little notes from me – I figured they would appreciate them even more if they were accompanied by some of these:

wendysue_thankyou_ties5

mmmm….

So I packaged some up and added the notes to the top:

wendysue_tdd_thankyou_ties7_feb17wendysue_tdd_thankyou_ties8

Hope they enjoyed the cookies as much as I appreciated their help! :)

supplies1

 

 

American Crafts - Pebbles - Love You More Collection - Sticky Notes - BoyAmerican Crafts - Pebbles - Party with Amy Locurto - Printed Bags - YellowAmerican Crafts - Ribbon Value Pack - Baker's Twine - 24 Spools

10 comments:

  1. So very fun! The cookie is an added bonus of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great thank you notes. I'll bet they loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! Cute, but still nails the "boy look". Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea ! Love the die too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're going to love these! Those little ties are so cute and the cookies look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to be on another team with you! Congrats on making the Chickaniddy team! :)

    ReplyDelete