Wednesday, November 20, 2013

cards of gratitude | doodlebug design…

Good morning!  It’s my turn to share a project (or two) over on the Doodlebug blog today – but I wanted to share them here as well!  Since November is traditionally recognized as a month of gratitude, I thought it would be fun to create some cards to share with a couple of people I am personally grateful for.  But before I write in them and send them off, I wanted to share them with YOU! 

wendysue_doodlebug_gratitude_cardset2

I used the Happy Harvest Collection

Doodlebug Design - Happy Harvest Collection - 12 x 12 Paper PackDoodlebug Design - Happy Harvest Collection - Cardstock Stickers - Icons

– I just love the fun colors and super cute animal designs.  The stickers are so cute and I always love adding a bit of dimension with some foam adhesive squares – not enough to make the card bulky, but enough to add some dimension and interest!

wendysue_doodlebug_gratitude_card_detail1

I used a new Polaroid die-cut from Top Dog Dies.  It has three sizes included on one board and I am loving it! 

It works with my little Cuttlebug machine that I’ve had for years and years…this is a newer version of the one I use (and it’s actually a great price right now – with free embossing folders too!)

I just love the layering effect that can be created so easily, simply by popping out the center of the polaroid frame and flipping it over to a coordinating paper and design.

wendysue_doodlebug_gratitude_card_detail2

And speaking of layering, aren’t the mini flowers great? 

Doodlebug Design - Happy Harvest Collection - Mini Flowers Craft Kit

They are so easy to mix and match the pieces to create custom flowers – so fun and colorful!

wendysue_doodlebug_gratitude_cardset1

If you like this collection, be sure to hop over to the Doodlebug Blog to see all of the fun projects my fellow design team members have been creating this month! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment