Tuesday, July 05, 2011

we love america…

…and we love celebrating the 4th of July with our family!  These photos are from last year’s 4th of July celebration.  This layout is on the Pebbles blog today – where the theme for the week is “stars & stripes.”  You should check out the other designer’s takes on the theme – they aren’t all 4th of July pages – I love how creative everyone was!

4thofjuly_layout2

I used the border sticker from the baby boy line to start this little border/banner on the bottom of my layout.  Since the brown stars weren’t really working for me, I covered them (kind of) with little red star brads from Making Memories.

4thofjuly_layout_detail1

I didn’t need to add a lot of journaling – but thought this little journaling sticker was perfect for adding the date and location.

4thofjuly_layout_detail2

Of course I had to add some machine stitching… And finally, I wanted to add a little collage of stars in the corner – but I also have to point out how much I love that photo in the corner.  You can see my brother being tackled by all of the kids and his little boy taking the football and running it across the yard like a pro – can you see how serious his little face is?  He always takes his sports seriously! :o)

4thofjuly_layout_detail3

supplies2

New Addition He’s Here
New Addition Congrats
New Addition Boy Border Stickers
New Addition Word Dimensional Stickers
New Addition Boy Chips
New Addition Metal Brads
Happy Go Lucky Tickled Pink
Happy Go Lucky Delight
White Cardstock 
Thickers (American Crafts)
Brads (Making Memories)
Pen (Uniball Signo)

No comments:

Post a Comment