Wednesday, June 29, 2011

my favorite 4th of july decoration…

This isn’t new, but I have a feeling it might be “new” to some of my blog readers.  I made this in 2009, when I was on the American Crafts design team, for an assignment.  I had a great time putting it together…and I love bringing it out every year to decorate for the 4th of July.

 flag2

I love adding machine stitching to my scrapbook projects – the same goes for home décor projects.

flag3

The stars were cut from patterned paper and added with pop dots.

flag4flag5

No project of mine seems complete without a button! ;)

flag6

Being creative hasn’t been at the very top of my “to do” list recently (as you probably could have guessed after reading my previous 2 posts), so I haven’t made anything new to decorate for the 4th of July this year…which really makes me glad I have some “older” decorations I love to bring out. :o)

1 comment:

  1. This is new to me. I love it. There is something about stitching that seems to finish a project...so does a button :)
    I hear you about the "not being creative" thing. I have felt the same way. But mine has just been pure laziness.
    I hope your son is still feeling better everyday, he will remain in my prayers, as will the rest of your family.

    ReplyDelete