Thursday, June 30, 2011

the climb…

This layout is on the Pebbles, Inc. blog today, but I wanted to share it here as well.  This is the first layout I worked on after I felt the desire to be creative again.  It was a great way to ease back into this part of my life…I  had some brand new, really fun product to work with AND a great sketch that was assigned to me.

the_climb_layouts

The photos were taken in March this year.  We had taken the kids swimming at the rec center in Kamas and they wanted to try the climbing wall after we were done.  It was getting dark outside, and there isn’t much light back in the area where the climbing wall is, so the photos didn’t turn out great, but I was glad to have one kind of decent photo of each of them.

the_climb_detail1

I love this new Floral Lane line by Pebbles, Inc.  The colors are gorgeous, the designs are fabulous, and can you see the texture on the patterned papers?  awesome!!  This line also includes those cute little candy dot buttons – they are on the small side – perfect for adding to flowers – and the adhesive is already on the back.

the_climb_journaling

And I know some of you are probably thinking I’m a total cornball for adding Miley Cirus Song lyrics to my layout…but try to block the tune and images out of your mind and just read the words. (I did change the words a teensy bit – I could not bring myself to add the word “ain’t” to my scrapbook journaling…I just couldn’t do it.)Great message, right?  Well, I think it is – and that’s why I wanted to add them to a page for my kiddos – I don’t think we can remind our kids (or ourselves for that matter) enough about the importance of pressing on.  Life is hard.  There will be lots of hard times - bumps in the road…and hills to climb.  Life is not always what you think it will be.  No matter.  Keep moving.  Keep climbing.  It will be worth it.

You can see how some of the other design team members used this sketch HERE.  I love how differently everyone interpreted the same sketch. :)

Now, on another note…I have to tell you how much I have loved being on the Pebbles, Inc. design team for the last year.  Not only are the products great, but the company and design team leader have been absolutely fabulous to work with.  Guess what?

They just announced that they are ready to call a new design team for 2011-2012!  You can read all about it here!  If you love Pebbles product and would like to apply for a design team, I would definitely encourage you to give it a shot! :0)

supplies2

Floral Lane - My Darling

Floral Lane – With Love

Floral Lane – With Delight

Floral Lane – candy dot buttons (surf)

Floral Lane – abc Stickers (brown)

Floral Lane – Dimensional Phrase Stickers

White Cardstock

Uni-ball Signo RT .38 black pen

1 comment: