Friday, May 06, 2011

a mother’s day card…

It’s Friday – and that means I have another Slice project to share with you today!  Of course, in honor of the upcoming holiday, I opted to use my Slice to create a Mother’s Day Card. 

mothers_day_card

I used one of the newer Slice Design Cards – Grandma’s Attic to cut this sweet bird/nest/branch image as well as the tag behind the bird.

mothers_day_card2

Would you have guessed that the line I used for almost all of my project (including the actual card base & envelope) is actually the latest Valentine’s Day line from Making Memories?  It is Je t’Adore – and it’s still available for purchase here.  I think the soft pinks and subtle designs make it perfect for a pretty Mother’s Day card.

mothers_day_card3

I used lots of pop-dots, ink, and layers to add some unique dimension to the image.

The ‘Grandma’s Attic’ design card has a lot of vintage-style images and a really sweet alphabet.  I’ll be sharing more projects featuring some of these images soon!

Have a Happy Mother’s Day!

P.S. Did you notice something interesting in that first photo?  The GREEN in the background?  Yep – those are real live bushes in my yard.  Spring is FINALLY starting to think about making a debut here – yay!

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this design! Beautiful card, I'm sure whoever receives it will be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the soft subtlety in your design. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, your card is so beautiful!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just beautiful card..i would like to keep it in mind and will for the design of Gift Card envelopes..thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete