Friday, April 15, 2011

sliced bunnies…

ewww…that sounds kind of gross.  But you know I am referring to my making memories SLICE personal cutting machine, right?  anyway…whenever I receive a new SLICE design card, I love plugging it in and then cutting some shapes just to see what they look like – it’s especially fun with the new cards that have layering options.  My newest design card is DILLY DALLY.  I couldn’t wait to start playing!

bunny_card

I cut out one bunny and then cut the “layer” option from a different patterned paper.   I didn’t really love the eye that it cut, but I loved the fluffy tail!  I thought he looked so soft and cuddly that he needed some stitching, so I did that with my sewing machine before I layered the tail on.  bunny_card_detail1

I added some embossed circles to the tail and then popped it on with foam pop dots.  Since I didn’t love the paper eye, I pulled out my Paper Reverie gems and used that for the eye.  I thought my little bunny was so cute, I decided to make him a friend – I used the mirror option to cut another bunny and repeated the process of embellishing.

bunny_card_detail3 

I cut a little butterfly (base and layer) and stitched a trail onto white cardstock – I think he looks sweet flying behind the bunnies. :)

 bunny_card_detail2

It’s super simple, but it was fun to play – and now I have a sweet card to give away to somebunny special! 

(I know – cornball!)

{All of the papers I used are also from the Dilly Dally collection.  You can find the entire line here.}

Have a great weekend! :o)

4 comments: