Monday, December 27, 2010

it’s a tradition…

Last Saturday’s Cosmo Cricket post was a challenge to scrapbook a holiday tradition.  We have several fun family holiday traditions, but one of my favorites is our "eggless eggnog."

 cc_tradition_wendysue_layout

I distinctly remember the first time my Grandma Nye made eggnog for us when I was a little girl.  I remember loving the flavor, but NOT the texture that was added by the egg.

  cc_tradition_wendysue_detail1

We make our own version of that yummy drink simply by adding vanilla, sugar, and a bit of nutmeg to a blender full of milk and whip it up until it's nice and frothy.

cc_tradition_wendysue_detail2

The kids love it too - it's something we all look forward to doing together on Christmas Eve - right after they open their Christmas PJ's, but before we put out Santa's fudge. :O)  

Check out some of the other Cosmo Cricket design team member’s traditions (and ideas) and find out how you can win a fun prize by clicking here.  

supplies2

Green Ledger Paper

Red & White polka dot paper

Black Tiny Type Stickers

Red Tiny Type Stickers

Early Bird Elements (journaling block & beaters)

Journaling Pen (still my most favorite pen to journal with)

Black Cardstock (it’s on sale right now…might be a good time to stock up!)

Jolly By Golly Border Sticker

Jolly By Golly Chipboard Candy Cane

Black Chipboard Letters

These aren’t the supplies I used in my layout, but if you like Jolly By Golly, check out this deal:

CC_JolyyByGollyKit

Another awesome Cosmo set:

CC_GirlFridayKit

And this great Boyfriend kit comes with rub-ons too!

CC_TheBoyfriendKit

Or…if you love Early Bird (which is my FAVORITE Cosmo Cricket line EVER), check out this deal:

CC_EarlyBirdKit

Okay, while I’m sharing, how about my favorite striped ribbon (for only 99 cents!!!):

CC%20Jacks%20World%20Ribbon

Happy Monday! :o)

4 comments:

  1. such a fun layout, documenting a fun tradition! i have never tried eggnog, and i admit ... i have no desire to even know what it is. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all sold out but the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete