Tuesday, November 02, 2010

home…

It was my turn to come up with an idea for the design team challenge on the Cosmo Cricket blog last Saturday.  I decided to share a photo from a catalog and see how everyone was inspired by it – the results were amazing – every single person was inspired in a different way…loved it!  Check out the results here.

Here’s the photo I shared as our inspiration piece (from www.potterybarn.com):

potterybarn_cosmocricketteam_inspiration_

It's funny how I can have one idea in my head and it evolves into something totally different.

  cc_pbchallenge_layout_wendysueanderson

I really did start out with the inspiration photo in mind - I was inspired by the photo of the porch, the leaves, the word "beauty," and in an indirect way, the wire "welcome" piece.

 cc_pbchallenge_layout_wendysueanderson_detail3

I know...nothing translated directly into my layout,

cc_pbchallenge_layout_wendysueanderson_detail1

but that's why it's so fun to find random things I like, and then allow myself to be inspired and go from there!

cc_pbchallenge_layout_wendysueanderson_detail2

Does that gorgeous catalog picture inspire you?  If it does, create a project and link it up in the comments on the Cosmo Cricket blog post HERE before Saturday.  The generous Cosmo Cricket folks will be sending a brand new Circa 1934 kit to one challenge participant!

supplies2

Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 papers, stickers and accents – a brand new line…so new, in fact that I can’t find anywhere to purchase it.  I’ll let you know when it’s available. :O)

Tiny Type letter stickers (red)

Black Ink

Black Pen

Foam Squares

Silhouette Die-Cutting Machine

Silhouette Leaves


4_leaves_C00773_20509

No comments:

Post a Comment