Tuesday, December 04, 2007

december 3...

So far, I'm keeping up with my journal! Here's my 12/3 page:
I chose to take a photo of the basket of holiday books sitting next to our tree for this page.

This is one of my all-time favorite holiday traditions -- having loads of books to read to the kids throughout the month (we actually read a LOT of books EVERY month...not just December...but this is the only time I get out the Christmas books and sit them right out, not just have them on the bookshelves downstairs. anyway...). I love that Seth and Zach bring me a book out of the basket half a dozen times a day - and that they'll sit next to me on the couch and listen as I read stories to them -- ranging from classics like Rudolph, to stories of the birth of Jesus, stories about Christmas mice and Holiday bears, and everything in between. Some of the books were mine when I was little, but most of them have been collected since Meagan was born - I love them all and I love that the kids love to look at them and read together. :o)

So yesterday was Seth's birthday -- it was pretty low-key since we'd already had the family party on Sunday...but here are a few things we did yesterday:

  • Seth asked to go to the "yellow store" and get "those rolls that Grandpa likes." It took me a few minutes to figure out that he wanted to go to this cute (fairly new) little store where he had been exactly ONE time before -- when we picked up a cinnamon roll for Grandpa and left it in his Tahoe at work, as a little surpirse. That was in August. This kid really has a great memory!
  • He ended up getting a yummy sugar cookie with lots of frosting and red sprinkles AND a cinnamon roll for dessert


  • I asked Seth what he wanted for dinner. I told him he could choose anything he wanted since it was his birthday. He asked for rice and corn. lol So, rice and corn it was -- and a little chicken on the side.


  • Seth opened his presents after Brad got home from work - a new "Cars" puzzle (his favorite pasttime lately), a "Cars" ColorWonder set, a Backyardigans Pirate Ship for the bathtub, a Backyardigans DVD, and some clothes (not his idea of a good birthday gift, but what are you gonna do?).
  • Josh surprised all of us when he presented Seth with a gift of his own, carefully wrapped in a paper bag from Target. He gave him a picture he had drawn, another picture Seth had drawn himself, a matchbox car (which I believe came directly out of the car bin downstairs), and a handful of his leftover Halloween candy. :)
  • He spent a lot of time playing with the gifts he received on Sunday - a Fisher Price ABC animal set and Thomas TV game (from Grandpa and Grandma), a Kids K'nex monster set (from the Lukes), and a fun tool set (from Rustin & Karli's family).

  • He ended the day with a long bath in our big tub with Zach and the Backyardigans. :o)

I'm sure today will be a busy one for him -- lots of new toys to play with!


1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea! You are so creative. I'm so happy to have a friend like you to get cute ideas from.

    ReplyDelete