Monday, January 08, 2007

back in my element...

Brad and I got a new calling in church...we're teaching Primary together! Soon after we moved in to our new home (and ward) we were called to teach the 15 and 16 year olds in Sunday School. It was okay...but a real challenge for me. Brad is much better at teaching - both teenagers and deeper gospel subjects. I, on the other hand, was perfectly happy serving in the primary for several years before we moved, and would happily serve in the primary for the rest of my life! I love it! I really missed it! So I was absolutely thrilled to receive a call to teach in the primary again. We're teaching the 4 year-old class, and Seth is in our class, even though he should be in the 3 year-old class (it's the whole separation thing, and it's almost impossible to make him go to a different class when we're sitting right next to him. It's all good though -- they're learning the same things, so it'll be fine.) We have about 12 little kiddos in our class, and they are so well-behaved (well, most of them, lol). I'm excited to get to know each of them and to have the opportunity to share the most fundamental and important aspects of the gospel with them. It is going to be a great year!

On another note, I was asked to do a blog challenge for Making Memories last week. I had a lot of fun coming up with this simple frame idea...

The challenge is actually to use something "old" from your scrapbook stash. I love these acrylic frames and I'm pretty happy with how my project turned out. Of course, I love anything that has a picture of my cutie-pies on it! You can see more pictures here.

Today's a typical Monday -- errands to run, clothes to wash, lists to make. I just love lists -- for two reasons. (1) I love seeing everything I need to do at a glance and (2) I LOVE crossing things off my list so I can see what I've actually accomplished in a day. Love lists. I need to get a new planner for this year. I'm leaning toward the Memory Dock planner...anyone out there use it? I'd love to hear if you love it or not.

Okay, I'm off to read "the puppy book" to Seth while Zach naps, then we're headed in to town. Hope you all have a productive Monday!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendy...
    Just had to smile reading your post. I'm in the primary and love it. It's always something new..yet lots of the same stuff too...good and bad... Never boring. I just wish we had you guys in our ward.
    Jenn :o)

    ReplyDelete