Monday, January 01, 2007

2007...bring it on...

I LOVE the first day of the year. I love taking down the Christmas trees and decorations (almost as much as I love putting them up after Thanksgiving). Today Brad actually started taking down the upstairs tree while I was in the shower this morning. I usually take everything down and put it away myself, so it was a nice surprise when I saw that he'd started it...and actually he and the kids put almost all of the decorations away while I cleaned up (dusted), moved furniture, and put the regular stuff back out. I love how fresh and new (and uncluttered) the house feels the first day after the decorations are all put away. I love the feeling of having a clean house. We've been trying to get rid of a lot of stuff and over the last week or so we've filled three big boxes of stuff to take to the DI the next time we head to Provo. I think I filled 2 or 3 trashbags today too. Feels good. It needed to be done. :o)

After everything was done, Brad took Meagan and Josh to my dad's field to ride snowmobiles and I stayed home with the little guys. We got a lot accomplished while the big kids were out playing -- we cleaned out the freezer and the pantry, and put away all of the Christmas goodies (some in the cupboard and some in the freezer) so I wouldn't eat them all up by myself over the next few days.

The kids go back to school tomorrow...I think they're ready. I know Meagan is ready - Josh would probably be happy to stay home and hang out with me. aw, who are we kidding...he'd be happy if he could stay home and hang out on the couch with the tv on and the laptop close by so he could play his new computer games. Oh well, he's going back to school too.

I can't believe Zach's birthday is only two days away...our little New Year's baby is almost ONE!! The sad thing is, I haven't even gone birthday shopping for him yet...so guess what I'm doing tomorrow?!? Other than that, I'm looking forward to getting back in to a normal routine...and doing more cleaning and organizing - good times!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Wendy Sue! I found your blog after seeing a post you did on the Two Peas website. I was just doing a little blog reading and I must say that I could not agree with you more. I just love that feeling of putting things away and having a clutter free home. Do not get me wrong - I am usually busting at the seams to put out the decorations come Thanksgiving but there is just something about have a clean house after the holidays that gives everyone a fresh start.

    Take Care, Jamie ~ Alabama

    ReplyDelete