Thursday, December 14, 2006

finally...i'm here...

Oh my goodness, it's been SO long since I've posted anything here - the last few weeks have been a bit over-the-top crazy here. Between sickies, traveling, computer/internet issues, and general life I haven't had a chance to do a lot of things I've wanted to do. Anyway, I'm back now. We had a great trip down south (I didn't mention it before because I didn't want to announce an empty house to the general public, lol). We stayed in my parent's condo and the kids were able to swim and play outside...a nice change going from single digit temps to mid 60's in one day! Then we had Brad's family Christmas party last Saturday. Unfortunately, several family members weren't able to attend this year because of illnesses and they were missed. We were also able to attend a "live nativity" at Tuacahn, which was really neat! We did have a lot of fun, but it's always nice to be home...if only we could have brought home some of that nice warm sunshine!! We made a quick stop to see dear old Santa Claus:



















Oh, did you notice Seth is missing from the picture? He was so scared of the man in red...he clung to Brad and didn't want to go anywhere near Santa. Santa was so cute though, he got up off his big comfy chair and walked over to give Seth a little gift:











So..I'm failing miserably with my December Journal. I was so sick for the first several days of the month, then we were out of town and I forgot it...so I think I'm going to jot down some notes in my regular journal and tuck this special one away for next year (I'll just have to change the stickers to say 2007). I'm kind of bummed about that, but it'll be fun to do next year.

In other news...I'm excited to be starting on this year's homemade calendars that I always make for my Grandma and my parents...I'll share those later. (after Christmas because we wouldn't want to spoil any surprises! lol) I'm also working on a few other handmade gifts...so much to do and so little time - why does this always happen?

I made my first (of many) batch of fudge last night. Don't even get me startedon how ironic it was that I was making fudge (and tasting plenty) while I watched the finale of The Biggest Loser. I haven't watched the show at all...I just can't get in to the whole reality show scene, but I do love watching the finales of the shows - they recap everything during the last show anyway, right?!? All of the contestants were so inspiring (even though one, in particular, I found quite annoying). Oh, and did I mention the fudge??? Yum! Brad took about half the batch to work today with him, so I think I'll be making another batch tonight so we can get it wrapped up and ready to take to neighbors soon. :O)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back Wendy. I've tried to keep up on my December journal too, but sometime ordinary life does get in the way. Glad to see I'm not the only one! Hope everyone is on the mend soon and those nasty bugs stay away for the rest of the season. Janet, Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete