Friday, October 20, 2006

fat lips and sore thumbs...

I got a phone call today, from Josh's school. Apparently, he had a head-on collision with another little boy after lunch and he got the worst of it. I hurried right to the school as soon as the secretary told me "his lip is really big, and black, and we can't get it to stop bleeding..." Yeah, just what every mom wants to hear. So I called the pediatician's office on the way to the school just to get a feel for things. Apparently, there's not much to do about cuts inside the mouth. They told me only to bring him in if (a) his tooth went completely through the skin to the outside, (b) if his tooth broke off inside his lip, or (c) if he had several teeth loose OR if I just wanted them to take a look. Luckily, when I got to the school, the bleeding had almost stopped. True, his lip was swollen and bruised, but it was definitely not as bad as I was picturing. My poor little guy was sitting in the little nurse's office holding an icebag on his huge, bleeding lip...but what broke my heart was his red, swollen, teary eyes. Sheesh, it was all I could do not to sit down and cry with him! We came home and feasted on popsicles and ice water...yum! Oh, and fruit-flavored Motrin for dessert (only for Josh, of course). Anyway, we opted not to visit the doctor since we didn't fall under any of the pre-approved categories AND I didn't think I needed them to look at it and tell me that it didn't fall under any of the pre-approved categories so go home and ice it and take some Motrin (that'll be 90 bucks, please). The swelling actually seemed to have gone down by the time he went to sleep. He asked me NOT to take a picture of it. He's a bit self-conscious about it. Otherwise, I'd share a photo of the biggest, bruised up, scraped up, sore-looking lip I've ever seen...I'm sure you're sad about that (not being able to see a picture, I mean)! ;)

So, I'm sure you're wondering who has sore thumbs...that would be me. Why, you ask? Well, because I spent several hours last night pushing these beauties into little holes. Not to worry though...it's worth it, because look what the holes were in:

(and wouldn't you know it...Blogger is not letting me add pictures tonight.
It figures, because I'm so excited to share. Oh well, I'll try to add them tomorrow.)

Yep, that's it! My new favorite piece of furniture. My very own ScrapBox!!! I am SO thrilled! The creator himself delivered it to my house yesterday and I still can't believe it's really mine. I've started stocking it up and organizing it...but it's far from finished. I'm hoping to have some time this weekend to really figure it out and make it work for me. I have some fun ideas, so hopefully they'll fall into place. Hopefully you won't mind my raving over the next little while because seriously, this is just making me SO happy right now. I've been needing some way to organize all of my scrapbooking "stuff" for so long and this is just perfect for me. :o)

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! How much did it cost? I really might want to get one. Did you order it directly from the company?

    ReplyDelete