Tuesday, July 23, 2013

4th of july |project life style

Happy Wednesday – and happy CHA opening day to my scrapbooking friends!  I just wanted to pop in quickly to share a project that went live on the Doodlebug blog this morning.  It’s a “project life” style spread created with the “stars & stripes” collection. 

I love the storybook page protectors by doodlebug! While I'm not 100% on the "project life" scrapbooking bandwagon, I do appreciate the concept very much and I like to periodically incorporate it in with my own scrapbooking style.

Doodlebug’s page protectors have some unique styles – here’s a quick link to see what they have:Doodlebug Design - 12 x 12 Storybook Album Protectors - Assortment - 12 Pack

I like using these divided page protectors to scrapbook a big event - like the 4th of July! I took a handful of photos at our family picnic/celebration last year and I was able to include 12 photos plus cute embellishments in this spread.

 wendysue_db_starsandstripes_storybook_spread

I know some of the photos are hard to see because I photographed them INSIDE the page protector…but that’s because I added some of the embellishments on the outside of the plastic protector and I wanted to show that option. 

wendysue_db_starsandstripes_storybook_spread_detail1

A few things to note...1) As I mentioned above…sometimes I like adding some of the embellishments and stickers on the OUTSIDE of the page protector

wendysue_db_starsandstripes_storybook_spread_detail2

2) Adding a simple border sticker on a photo helps tie it in with the rest of the design

 wendysue_db_starsandstripes_storybook_spread_detail3wendysue_db_starsandstripes_storybook_spread_detail4

3) Black and white photos mixed in with color photos adds interest and helps disguise distracting colors or backgrounds

wendysue_db_starsandstripes_storybook_spread_detail5

4)Making a list is a great journaling technique!

wendysue_db_starsandstripes_storybook_spread_detail6

Thanks for stopping by – Be sure to pop over to the Doodlebug blog today – and for the rest of the week where the team will be sharing more fun ideas!  Have a great day! :)

supplies2

 

 

 

Doodlebug Design - 12 x 12 Storybook Album Protectors - Assortment - 12 Pack

Doodlebug Design - Stars and Stripes Collection - Doodle-Pops - 3 Dimensional Cardstock Stickers - Mini - Air Mail 

No comments:

Post a Comment