Thursday, May 24, 2012

the proof is in the can…

my_trash_can

…the garbage can, that is.  It’s been a crazy, stressful, deadline-filled week…and it’s not even close to being over!  As you may have guessed by this peek into my office garbage can – diet coke is definitely my go-to stress reliever, anxiety corrector, late-night work companion, and just plain yummy drink. 

And on top of all the work stuff, there’s a ton of kid stuff going on this week too (gotta love how much gets crammed into the last couple of weeks of school – concerts and meetings and tests and activities and parties).  And I’ve been fighting some type of sinus “thing” for a couple of weeks.  I can’t decide if it’s a cold or allergies or what, but it’s NOT fun, and it’s NOT going away!  I actually took some benadryl pills yesterday to see if they would help.  I don’t think they helped my sinuses, but they made me super sleepy…and I actually fell asleep early – really early – and slept all night…which is great except that means I have that much more work to make up today.  sigh.  better go crack open a diet coke – oh, wait, I already did. ;)

1 comment:

  1. How is it that these schools seem to need to cram so much in the last weeks of school. My daughter has had more projects and homework since April. Unreal. Hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete