Thursday, December 15, 2011

holiday greetings album…

I have not been doing a very good job of keeping up my blog lately.  I don’t have any excuses…just busy with regular “life” and “work” stuff.  I’ve even pulled a couple of all-nighters over the last few weeks (you know, this is getting more and more difficult as I get older!).  Anyway, I was putting up some ribbon on my kitchen cabinets so I could hang the holiday cards we’ve started receiving and it made me think of this little album I put together for Creating Keepsakes.  It’s a little album holding all of our cards from last year.  The front and back covers were made from a gift bag…I LOVED this bag and I was so excited to be able to incorporate it into this project!2010_holiday_album_cover

It’s in the current issue (December 2011). 

2010_holiday_album_cover_detail12010_holiday_album_cover_detail2

The first page is OUR card…2010_holiday_album_page1

And then I started adding cards from family and friends.

2010_holiday_album_page2and3

The little tag/envelopes each hold a journaling card about how we know the family the card is from.

2010_holiday_album_page2and3_detail2010_holiday_album_page4and5

And this is a page with a little envelope holding a “Christmas letter” type of holiday greeting (it was printed on both sides and too wide to adhere directly to the page – I thought the envelope was a fun way to add it. :)

2010_holiday_album_page62010_holiday_album_page6_detail

The tags are actually from an advent calendar kit by Making Memories. 

Do you save your holiday cards?  I just can’t part with them after the holidays…usually I put them in a big envelope and tuck them away, but I think I’m going to start putting them all in little albums similar to this one…  It would be fun to have a basket full of these to put out each year with our holiday decorations.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Wendy, just love what you've done with the Christmas journal, it is certainly a beautiful keepsake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea!!! And I adore the little envelopes.

    ReplyDelete