Friday, April 30, 2010

that's it...

I'm going to town to buy myself some beautiful spring flowers.  cut flowers.  in a vase. 

Because I certainly can't enjoy the live flowers growing in my flower beds when they look like this:043010_snowandflower_filtered

Honestly.  It's the last day of April.  Let's hope May brings SPRING with it!

Last night was the annual Pinewood Derby.  All three boys entered cars.  Of course, Josh's was the only "official" racer, but the little boys had a good time too.  Brad was awesome and helped all three boys create the cars just like they wanted to.  I was proud of him for not taking it too seriously like some dads do (no one in particular...but you know what I mean, right?).  He just wanted the boys to have a good experience, have fun, and enjoy making their own cars just like they wanted.

pw_derby_filtered

The track they used last night was older...and a bit greasy...check out Josh's fingers.  eww.

pw_derby2_filtered

I especially loved that my tender-hearted kiddo was such a good sport this year.  Even though he didn't win, he was happy for the boys who did.  He smiled.  He had a great time.  There were no tears involved.  none.  I am so proud of him!

So...since the weather outside is so icky, I'm hoping to stay inside tomorrow and enjoy some more scrapping time - with a little house project or two thrown in.  How about you? What are your plans for NATIONAL SCRAPBOOKING DAY?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment