Wednesday, August 05, 2009

slip and slide...

I can't think of a better way to spend a hot summer day at home...we love the slip & slide!

These photos are actually from last summer - but don't worry, I have lots more from THIS summer that I'll be scrapbooking eventually as well. (I know you weren't really worried.)se_letters_photo

I thought it would be fun to share this little technique for title letters.  I used my Slice die-cutting machine to cut letters from extra photos.  It takes a little bit of practice to be able to line up the machine with the area you want to cut, but once you figure it out, it's super fun to be able to include the extra little details in this way. 

se_letters_photo_detail 

The word "fun" is also cut from extra photos...I just cut the letters from the actual slip and slide images...so the yellow matches perfectly with the other photos.

se_letters_photo_detail2

(I used this layout to demo how to create titles with something other than letter stickers when I filmed some scrapbooking segments a few months ago.)

In other (scrapbooking) news...I am so excited to be invited back for a full year on the

American Crafts Design Team - the new release looks amazing and I can't wait to play with it all!

7 comments:

  1. I love your idea of cutting letters out of extra pictures! Really nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a cute layout wendy! great photos! and i love how the title letters look sliced out of the photos. super cool.
    btw, i think we have the same slip-n-slide as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. stink. I have been avoiding buying a die cutting machine telling myself that I don't need one. And then you go and post this! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, LOVE that the letters are cut out from pictures!! Super cute layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always LOVED your pages. Thanks for doing all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute idea for letters/title!
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete