Friday, October 10, 2008

a witch's brew...

My friend Shantelle says she's always wanted to host a fun halloween party. It was her turn to host bunco this month. She decided to combine the two and held an incredibly fun bunco/witch's brew on Tuesday night. Several weeks ago, she took witch's hats to everyone - we were supposed to decorate them (or not) and wear them to bunco. I was trying to think out of the box because I wanted to do something nobody else would think of. When I saw these cute little monster items at Target, I decided to turn my hat into a little monster party.


Here's my hat before I attacked it with the hot glue gun:


I rolled cardstock into a cone and put it inside so the top would stand up:


And the monster collection:


And a few items from my scrapbook/craft stash:



And here's what my hat looked like when I finished:


I know it's a little bright and gobby and silly...but my kids thought it was fun. Brad wasn't rude, but I could tell by his reaction to my lovely little hat that he wasn't overly impressed. It didn't matter though - I had fun making it and the kids liked it (Meagan's even going to incorporate it into her Halloween costume this year - she's so creative and likes to make up her own costumes). It was a bonus that I won the hat contest at bunco that night! The prize I won is the cutest little witch's broom with a sign that says "The witch is in/out" - it looks so fun by my front door!


Anyway, Shantelle really got into the evening and dressed as a witch from head to toe. She looked great! And she went all out for the dinner too. Here are a few pictures from the dinner spread:








She did extra games and incorporated some fun changes in our bunco game too. The prizes were amazing. Shantelle never does anything half-way. If she does something, she really does it and it's always incredible. It really was a fun evening - the perfect way to kick off the month of spooks and treats!!

12 comments:

  1. I think your hat is amazing! And that party & food... WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be fun to know what all the food really is. For example, what is the eye of newt? It looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea to pass out the hats and have them decorate them! I love all the food too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how you did your hat ... so cute with the monsters! and wow ... what a great spread she put out! all the fun "spooky" treats and food ... and the decorations look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun party and your hat is so cute! That food and decor were Fabulous! Thanks for sharing Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute! What a fun party! I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like SO much fun!!! You friend did an INCREDIBLE job at the whole party! I really enjoyed looking at the pictures! And your hat was so creative! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is amazing! What a fun girl's night out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you posted all of these pictures. We are having a Halloween party soon for Hannah's birthday and it gave me some great ideas. I love the witch hat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Wendy, that was a fun night, she is an amazing host isn't she? That was really fun and she did a great job. By the way, cute hair, I noticed it driving by today. SEe ya later!

    ReplyDelete