Monday, October 20, 2008

pumpkin cookies...

...my mom's recipe
...my favorite cookie recipe
...and now it can be yours too - because you asked so nicely! :o)



p.s. The last time I made these, I used my new kitchenaide to mix them up...I like the texture much much better when they are mixed by hand. They're still yummy when the machine mixes them...but I'm a texture girl, and it's better when they are mixed by hand. :o)

p.p.s In case you were wondering...I always triple the recipe.

p.p.p.s. I'm making these again for Super Saturday this week...i can't wait!
ETA: Yes, Karin, a cube of butter is 1/2 cup! :o)

7 comments:

  1. YUMMO! Love Pumpkin cookies and its' time to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm.... I really, really, really like pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. And, I absolutely agree with you about texture! I also overload mine with chocolate chips. I am going to try this recipe next time. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when I lived in Utah that you could find these in the bakery section of the grocery stores. Nobody I knew had ever heard of them out here in the Midwest. I love them though too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum...thank you, thank you sweet girl! can't wait to try 'em.
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm, help a Canadian out please. Is one cube of butter 1/2 a cup? I'm not familiar with the term. Thanks a bunch! We love pumpkin chocolate chip muffins so i'm sure the cookies will go over very well also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made these this afternoon and they are DELICIOUS!!! In fact...I can't stop eating them! :o) Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks WendySue for clearing that up!

    I'll be making these cookies for our pumpkin carving party on Thursday, so thanks from our guests as well :).

    ReplyDelete