Thursday, June 28, 2007
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Saturday, June 23, 2007
I know everybody always says it, but seriously, how did it happen? Wasn’t she JUST barely the little girl with curly hair wearing her yellow swimsuit over her diaper? Didn’t she just fall off the table at grandma’s and break her arm, and feel more upset about having to miss a day of kindergarten than actually having a broken arm? Wasn’t she just learning how to read? I swear, it was just yesterday. Only it wasn’t. Because last Sunday, my little girl had a milestone birthday – double digits – TEN years old! She had a “friend party” on Saturday and a “family” party on Sunday (this is the second time she’s shared her birthday with her Daddy on Father’s Day). It’s becoming very obvious that she’s growing up too…she wanted pie (chocolate chip cookie pie, to be exact) for her birthday – no cute cake with little toy decorations. And here are a few more fun facts about Meagan at 10:
* She loves reading (always has) and is just about finished with the series of Unfortunate Events. And she swears the books are WAY better than the movie. I’ll take her word for it. I hated the movie, and even though she keeps asking me to read the books, I just don’t think I’m going to do it.
* We found out last month that she’s been accepted into the Gifted & Talented program for next year. She scored in the 99th percentile on the testing. She’s one smart cookie!
* She’s playing softball this summer – last night she even hit a homerun!!!
* Her baby brother adores her and oftentimes wants HER to hold him instead of ME!!
* She is a great sister to her brothers – she plays with them, takes care of them, and even reads to them.
* She loves to check her favorite websites on the internet – American Girl, E-bay (looking at American Girl stuff, and books), and checking her e-mail (Grandma sends her fun notes sometimes).
* Okay, here’s a quirky one – she actually LIKES the smell of skunks. I know – she’s a nut.
* Her favorite foods include peanut butter sandwiches, tuna fish sandwiches, peach salad, cheesecake, oh, and chocolate chip cookie pie!!
* Something she’s said a lot lately: “Mom, can I borrow your camera?” These are just a few of the awesome pictures she's taken in the last couple of days:
* Her new obsession (while school is out for the summer) is “The Price is Right.”
Tomorrow (technically, I guess that would be later TODAY since it's now in the early am of Saturday) Meagan and I get to spend the whole day together – along with Grandma, Aunt K and cousin C – a girl’s day out. We’re excited for a yummy lunch, some fun shopping, and a play at the Hale Center Theatre.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Monday, June 18, 2007
I hope the teachers enjoyed their little gifts!
And now, bring on Summer! :o)
Monday, June 11, 2007
Lots to do today....didn't sleep last night, thinking about all I had to do today - is that pathetic? I did, however, watch the sun rise, and that was pleasant. Let's hope the rest of the day is equally pleasant! :o)