Thursday, May 01, 2014

Paper Smooches MAY blog hop

It's Pep Rally week and we are here today to share a sampling of the NEW Paper Smooches May/June release with you!  FOUR new stamps and EIGHT new dies are now available to purchase. You will find our new releases HERE

To add extra fun to our blog hop...we are offering up a prize!

Since Paper Smooches is working along side of Xyron adhesives this week, they have a special prize to offer one random winner as well.  The prize is worth $100. To see a photo of the prize, please visit the PS blog. You can visit the Xyron blog  to see what their fabulous team has created with our PS products.  While you are there, you will have a chance to win a $20. gift code to win some PS products! 

  • FOUR winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the PS Blog
  • The prize - a $25. gift code to choose what you like at the PS online store.
  • Just leave a comment on any of the design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win!  (you do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify but it increases your changes)
  • You have until midnight MT on Sunday, May 4th to leave a comment.
  • Please check the Paper Smooches blog on Monday, May 5th to see if you are one of the FIVE lucky winners.  (four PS winners and one Xyron winner)

Ashley Marcu

Betsy Veldman

Emily Leiphart

Erin Lincoln

JJ Bolton

Jocelyn Olson

Kalyn Kepner

Kim Kesti

Laura Bassen

Laurie Schmidlin

Michele Boyer

Mou Saha

Pamela Ho

Summer Fullerton

Teri Anderson

Wendy Sue Anderson

To increase your chances of winning:

  • Tell us that you Facebooked about our blog hop
  • Tell us that you Tweeted about our hop
  • Tell us that you posted on your blog about our blog hop

(which means that you have up to three extra chances to win on each blog)

I created a layout using the new Denim & Daisies Stamp set AND the coordinating Denim Dies set.

wendysue_papersmooches_denimanddasies_layout2

I thought the pocket shape would be cute for little rays of sunshine – so I made a dozen of them, tucked them under a big black and white circle, and stitched them right onto my page.  All of the papers I chose for my layout are from the Garden Party collection by Pebbles, Inc.

wendysue_papersmooches_denimanddasies_layout_detail2

I just love the little flowers and leaves in this set – so sweet AND versatile!  After I stamped and colored all of the little flowers, I attached them to my layout.  I wanted some of the flowers to “pop” off the page, so I used foam adhesive dots – but for all of the other little pieces I found that running them through my Xyron sticker maker was the easiest way to apply adhesive…and make sure those tiny pieces stayed put!  I also used some high tack adhesive dots by Xyron – those little pieces aren’t going anywhere! yay!

wendysue_papersmooches_denimanddasies_layout_detail1

Thanks for stopping by – have fun on the hop!

supplies1

American Crafts - Pebbles - Garden Party Collection - 6 x 6 Paper PadAmerican Crafts - Pebbles - Garden Party Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - TulipAmerican Crafts - Pebbles - Garden Party Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - LilyXyron Create-A-Sticker - Model 150 "X" DispenserXyron - High Tack Adhesive Dots - 300 Dots - 3/16 InchXyron - Double Sided High Tack Tape - 1/4 Inch WideEK Success - Foam Dot Circles - White - 1/8 Inch ThickTsukineko - Memento - Fade Resistant Dye Ink Pad - Tuxedo BlackFaber-Castell - Mix and Match Collection - Color Gelatos - 50's Diner - 4 Piece SetFaber-Castell - Stampers Big Brush Pen - Chrome GreenFaber-Castell - Stampers Big Brush Pen - Scarlet RedFaber-Castell - Stampers Big Brush Pen - Orange Glaze

107 comments:

  1. Really awesome layout. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and creative layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is just adorable. I love the sun and the pocket of flowers. A great way to remember the memories of that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever use of the pocket die! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to stretch the pocket die. It could also work as rays from the sun. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - another great use for that die...to die for :-)

    Julie H in MN

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!!! so cute! :) Very creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO cute! What a great use of the pockets and I can see how the Xyron would be a great help with the little flowers. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous! I love your little pocked of flowers a midst the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUPER DUPER cute, Wendy! LOVE your use of that pocket stamp/die! YOU ROCK <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very lovely scrapbook page! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. clever layout - so cheery and full of sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Groovy new dies and stamps AND very creative use of the pocket on a page!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a page you've made...fantastic. Thanks for showing me how you've used the Xyron since I've just today found out about that product.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic page, Wendy Sue! I love the yellow pockets making a sun around your fabulous black and white photos. Such a creative way to use the pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful layout, love the dimension!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you think outside the box (or die~LOL)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is so darn cute!!! I love the layout! great pictures. I like that you have multiple ones on there. Great share!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great layout! Thanks for a chance to win from the new release.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love how you went out of the box and used the pocket die for the rays of the sun...very clever! Shared the blog hop on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh fun! I love the flowers in the pocket! This set is so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I shared on FB! (Amy Maddux Cooley)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I tweeted about the hop! (@acools)

    ReplyDelete
  24. TOO FUN!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet layout, love how you used the pocket die to make petals for the flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. FUN & FABULOUS layout!!!
    LOVE your pocket rays of sunshine, LOVE your flowers, LOVE the colours with the B&W photos, LOVE IT ALL!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION with these FAB new dies & stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This layout is just ADORABLE! Such a clever way to use that pocket! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. And I tweeted about the hop: https://twitter.com/MiriamPrantner/status/462032871629549568

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really love this layout! Such a colorful arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh this is a great
    use for the cute
    pocket! Great
    idea, love it.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  31. I also posted
    on Facebook.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  32. very clever layout! Love it! I've posted about the blog hop on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE this! Awesome layout. I need this stamp set for sure! (My blog name is Sunshine In My Pocket)!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've posted on my blog,

    http://dnisme.blogspot.ca/2014/05/paper-smooches-blog-hop-with-prizes.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. I shared on Facebook about the Blog Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I tweeted about your fabulous layout and the blog hop :)
    https://twitter.com/TracyM6773/status/462077156512657410

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a lovely layout. I just love you're ideas, and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is BEAUTIFUL.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  39. I just posted about the hop on my blog!
    AND it is on my sidebar, too.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com/2014/05/paper-smooches-may-release-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. This blew my mind! Never thought to use a pocket to build a flower on a scrapbook pg layout! AWESOME idea. thanks, -con

    ReplyDelete
  41. Rays of sunshine. What a great finish to shuck a creative hop. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your layout it is so original.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am so copying this idea. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  44. WOW! Great use of that pocket. Love your layout. Thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. really great scrapbook page!! Way to think outside the box and use the pockets as sun rays! Looks like it could also be doubled as flower petals! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. That is really cute how you made the circle of pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great scrapbook page. I like the pocket used for journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Totally LOVING this AWESOME Layout!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  49. I posted on my blog/flickr account https://www.flickr.com/photos/74238397@N06/13902212588/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete
  50. https://twitter.com/charktweets/status/462284840826441729 tweeted!

    ReplyDelete
  51. blogged http://glitterinmykitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow, how creative and smart! Love your layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Oh, how ingenious! I love how you turned those pockets into a flower! Fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  54. So creative of you to use the pocket die to make a sun! I love your page - what a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Clever idea to make the circle out of the pockets. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  56. OMG...cute idea. Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love the way you used the pockets to create an entirely different shape like the flowers, so clever. love that

    ReplyDelete
  58. What a clever use of the pocket die! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  59. (Not for the hop)
    Love this page! colors and composition are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Fabulous project! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Fabulous layout! Great use of pocket die and lovely sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. What a fun and different way to use the pockets! Cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love how you used the pockets. The PS alphas are adorable. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  64. This layout certainly is power packed WOW, Wendy! Love how you created the fun rays of sunshine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  65. Oh my! You clever, clever, girl! Amazing use of the pocket die! I'd have never thought of this in a million years!

    ReplyDelete
  66. This LO is like a pocket full of sunshine!!! Awesome placement of your photos atop this paper pieced sunflower! Super pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Love your idea to create the sunflower with the pocket dies!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I don't do scrapbooking but your "page" makes me wanna try :)

    ReplyDelete
  69. Absolutely gorgeous! Lovely idea and great design! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  70. What a stunning layout! I love the background, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Love your layout and your use of the pocket day as sun rays -- GENIUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. I also posted on FB about the PS blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  73. Love how you used the die in such a unique way! Love your page! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  74. oh wow, what a super use of this die!

    ReplyDelete
  75. oh my what a creative use of that stamp!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  76. I love your layout so much! What a clever use of the stamp and die!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Love your choice of colors and the creative way you used the products.

    ReplyDelete