Tuesday, December 31, 2013

inspired scrapbooking with stacy julian…

I am sure I’ve mentioned it before, but it’s probably been a while, so I’m going to mention it again.  I love Stacy Julian

Stacy J headshot

You know her, right?  If you don’t, you should…here’s a link to her blog (click here).  She is pretty amazing.  And truly one of the nicest people I have ever met.  And, yes, in case you are wondering, I have actually met her in real life, unlike so many of the other scrapbooking women I admire!  She is real and fun and amazing!  She is an incredible teacher and she is the BEST at inspiring people (me) to record memories while living life to it’s fullest.  She’s the one who once told me “it’s okay to use cute products in our scrapbooks because our kids are cute!”  That was back when everyone was turning to the grungy/artsy style and I just couldn’t do it…I have always been a “cute” scrapbooker and it was nice to have my feelings reaffirmed by someone I admire so much. Thank you, Stacy! :)

So, needless to say, I am so so so excited to share some fun news with you today.  Stacy is teaching a year long class called “Inspired Scrapbooking.”  It’s an online class that is hosted through her site, Big Picture Classes.

IS.500x500

Here’s a little snippet from the site:  “Every month in 2014, Stacy will introduce you to one of the twelve themes, sharing four favorite layouts of her own, plus one new layout she'll create in real time and share on a live classroom blog.  Wouldn't you love to scrap along with Stacy, creating anywhere from 12 to 60 new layouts this year that share the essential stories of your life? Now you can, for just $3 a month!

I’m super excited to scrap along with Stacy and I am already registered and ready to begin in two short days!   yay!

Guess what?  I want YOU to join me!  As you can see, above, the price is very reasonable for the amount and quality of instruction Stacy will be sharing.  BUT, one of you will be able to take the class for FREE!  Yes, you read that right – the nice folks at BPS have allowed me to give away one spot in this amazing class!  All you have to do is leave a comment telling me one of your goals for 2014…scrapbook related or not, big or small, it doesn’t matter – just tell me one thing you’ll be working on during the coming year.  The class starts officially on January 2nd – and that’s the day I’ll announce my winner…so leave a comment before 7:00 am on January 2nd and then check back to see if you’re going my lucky classmate throughout the coming year! :)

Happy New Year’s Eve!!

20 comments:

  1. I consider myself a "cute" scrapbooker as well! I love finding inspiration to scrap my way! This class sounds amazing and I would be so thankful to be part of it! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to get my sons scout scrapbooks done this year to display at his eagle ceremony, hopefully this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love some inspiration from Stacy Julian!! I really need to get more of my ODS's album done as he is graduating this year! YIKES!! So that's my goal for the year (or next six months at least!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wants to take one of Stacy's classes. My goal is to get re-inspired to scrapbook. I started scrapbooking in 1995 and was doing ok (still way behind) and a couple years ago, I just fizzled out. I have been making cards, but no scrapbooking. Maybe Stacy could ignite my mojo again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goal this year is to use more of my stash this year. This sounds like a great class! Thanks the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in this class already, but I would love to gift this to a friend, if I were to win!
    I have a whole list of scrapbook goals this year, but most of them start with "finish". Lots of projects that I would just like to finish this year. Starting with my December Daily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always wanted to take one of the 'master's' class es ...ahem..Stacy!..and that is one of my goals this coming year..to take a class. Another one is to scrapbook at least 1 layout a week. Could be more. But must be one. Fingers are crossed for this one. Thanks for the chance...am sooo hoping I will be the lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how exciting! This class would be pretty awesome. My goal this year? I want to be more "in the moment". :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goal this year is to simplify---my routine, my creative process, and my home! I'd love to win a spot in this class. Thanks for a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goal this year is to DISCOVER - lots of things and in lots of ways!! I also want to get my scrapbook paper under control and organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goal is to get my scraproom organized and finally complete!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goal is to get some quilt classes on the calendar at work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I plan on getting my pictures, both printed and digital, sorted and labeled this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please choose me!! I would so love to take this class!! 2013 has been a very tough year, and I would love for 2014 to be better. My goal is to truly be better person in every way...mentally ,physically, and Spiritually. (also a better scrapper) :o) Thanks for the chance. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy 2014. my goal for this year is to get a couple of smash books done - outside of my comfort zone. thanks for the chance to win this wonderful class.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year. My scrapbooking goal for this year is to try and get away from always making "event centered" layouts and try to focus more on specific things about my kids or daily life.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My goal is to finish some albums. I have so many started and then I loose steam.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know what 2014 will bring, I hope I can cope with the bad things and enjoy the good things. In the middle of all things happening, I plan to take time to be creative and scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My goal for 2014 is to get those projects completed; whether it be scrapbook related or home related. It's the year to get things accomplished. Thanks for the opportunity! Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't been able to scrap much lately with a new baby and my 3 other children 10, 8 and 4 to take care of, but I have been working on a plan to get motivated and get back into a scrapping routine. My goal is to schedule small 15-30 scrap sessions several days a week and schedule 1-2 hr block on the weekends. I have been looking at several ebooks and online classes to help keep me focused and motivated and have actually been considering this class, because I think the prompts and the online community support would really help:-)

    -Beatrice

    ReplyDelete