Tuesday, December 31, 2013

getting organized for 2014…

I’m spending some time on this New Year’s Eve preparing for the year ahead (because I am so not a party girl…in fact, I’m kind of a nerd…and I’m totally okay with that). I’ve set some goals and made some changes in my priorities and commitments (you might notice some missing items in that column over there on the right ------------------>). I want to make 2014 one of my best, most meaningful, most productive, happiest years ever!

So, I’m sure you are dying to know what I’m doing this night to get prepared for 2014.  Well…I’ve professed my love for office supplies more than once – from the time I was a little girl until now…and my love has not waned, in fact, it’s only deepened with the years!  And right up there on the list of things I love…well, lists!  Office supplies and Lists.  They go hand in hand, no?  YES!  They absolutely do!  And that’s what I’m doing tonight – printing off beautiful planner pages from these two sites:

The Everything Planner:

The Everything Planner: 2013-2014 Printables

and this free planner printable:

free_planner_printable_2014[1]

I plan to use bits and pieces from both collections and I just ordered this super cute binder to hold it all (it was suggested by the amazing designer of the free planner printable):

And we all know that having cute pages and binders makes the whole “staying organized” thing even better!  Now I know some of you are wondering why in the world I would still use a paper planner when everything is so…digital…these days.  Well, I do use my calendar on my phone, and I have an app for making lists that I use for some things…but there is just something comforting, and even rewarding, to me at least, about writing things on paper.  Call me crazy…I can take it…but I don’t have any plans to stop using paper planners for my calendars and list-making anytime soon.

Oh, and I have to mention that I sure do love having amazon prime…my new binder will be here on Saturday – I can hardly wait! :o)

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Wendy Sue! Organize is my One Little Word for 2014. I must go check out those pages! And my hubby and I rang in the new year in our pjs watching Star Trek. Nerds unite! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh LOVE the planner! I have been working on mine all day today! Using a blank sketchbook, which I'm hoping will allow me to fill the pages however I see fit for each month!

    ReplyDelete