Thursday, May 16, 2013

a recommendation – and a GREAT deal…

One of the “work” questions I get asked all the time is “do you have a Silhouette or a Cricut?”  The technical answer is “both.”  Because I do own both.  However, I only actually USE one of the machines – and that’s my Silhouette Cameo

cameo1

I love, love, love it!  And whenever anyone asks, it’s the machine I recommend.  (Of course I know a lot of very happy Cricut owners too – this is just my preference.)  I’ll be honest – it’s not inexpensive.  I believe the MSRP is $299.  But being able to create so many customized designs saves me a lot of money (and time) in the long run – so it’s TOTALLY worth the investment!!  Just think of how much you’ll save when you can cut your own custom titles, embellishments, backgrounds, and even items like gift bags and boxes! 

So, this morning I was looking into ordering some replacement mats for my machine and I happened to come across this AMAZING deal on Amazon today and I wanted to pass it along to those of you who are on the fence about purchasing this awesome machine.  Check out this bundle package:

cameo_bundle

  • The silhouette cameo starter bundle includes an extra mat (2 total), cutting blade (2 total), metallic pen set and pick-me-up-tool
  • 50 exclusive cuttable designs and $10 gift card to the Silhouette Online Store

And you’ll never guess the price – it’s only $269.99!!  Truly an amazing deal!  I believe the mats and blades, when purchased separately are about $15 each – and believe me, an extra mat is a MUST!

 

And if you do decide to jump on the Cameo Bandwagon, or you’re already on it with me, be sure to check out the new downloadable shapes over on Two Peas as well – there are some really fun shapes – including some FREE ones! :)

free-2919034_600x600 free_shape2919043_600x600

And just for fun…here’s a project I made for the Create: blog a while ago using a cut file and my cameo to create this little photo envelope. :)

wendysue_photobag11wendysue_photobag13

The cute bag shape is available in the Silhouette Store HERE

wendysue_photobag12

And if you’re interested in seeing a tutorial for the bag, you can see the full post HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment