Thursday, February 07, 2013

a movie with beautiful music…

The last few weeks I’ve been watching television shows on my iPhone while I run on the treadmill.  I’ve found myself watching lots of ABC Family shows – it’s the one and only time I don’t feel guilty for watching something that I wouldn’t watch otherwise…those Pretty Little Liars and the crew on Switched at Birth are perfect for just the right amount of running time. 

Anyway…since I’m watching online rather than on regular TV, the commercials are different (at least I assume they are).  There’s one commercial that has been playing during every. single. break.  It’s a preview for an upcoming movie called Safe Haven.  It looks really good and I plan on seeing it – but even more than the movie – I was intrigued by the music I was hearing during that short promo…it sounded beautiful.

Safe Haven (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Well, imagine my excitement when I got an e-mail asking if I’d like to listen to and review a soundtrack from that very movie!  Of course I couldn’t wait.  So a few days after agreeing, I was sent a link so I could listen in.  I just have to say that the preview/glimpse was right on – I LOVED it.  All of it.  It’s the type of music I could just put on “repeat” and listen to over and over and over again.  I didn’t necessarily feel the urge to sing along – but it was perfect to play in the background as I worked for hours one evening.

Here’s the playlist – with lots of my favorite artists (and some new ones that I know I’ll be paying attention to in the future):

Colbie Caillat featuring Gavin DeGraw- "We Both Know"

Tristan Prettyman- "Say Anything"

Ben Howard- "Keep Your Head Up"

Dar Williams- "Summer Child"

The White Buffalo- "Sleepy Little Town"

Gareth Dunlop- "Wrap Your Arms Around Me"

Sara Haze- "Moonshine"

FM Radio- "The Journey"

Brandi Carlile- "Heart's Content" (Strings Mix)

Amos Lee- "Violin"

The Deep Dark Woods- "My Baby's Got To Pay The Rent"

Deborah Lurie- "Canoeing" (Katie and Alex's Theme)

 

And here’s the link to the album on iTunes: Safe Haven Soundtrack

Oh, you should definitely watch this video for "We Both Know", the original song written and performed by DeGraw and Caillat HERE!

 

Check it out – I hope you love it as much as I do!

3 comments:

  1. I'm anxiously waiting for the movie to be out. Love Nicholas Sparks books and his movies. Thanks for sharing the soundtrack. Off to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nicholas Sparks books and movies too. I just watched Dear John recently (bought the DVD)... I bought my daughter that book (Safe Haven) for Christmas. Waiting for her to finish it so I can read it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this beautiful music. I can't wait til the movie is out and on DVD so I can add it to my romance collection. This one the 'girls' will love at our annual beach trip.

    ReplyDelete